Monday, July 02, 2007

So Long, Farewell!

Well, the day to leave Ms. Val was bound to come. I just didn't know how soon it would be! Mommy and Daddy decided to move me from Ms. Val's house to a program at our church — First United Methodist in Richardson, and last Thursday was my very last day. Ms. Val has taken care of me since I was just 12 weeks old and she's the only caregiver I've ever known. But my parents say I'm getting bigger now and I need a "more structured environment"... whatever that means.

Because I have been with Ms. Val for over two years, it was hard to leave her and all the friends I had made. As you can see, Ryan here was my best buddie. He was almost my exact same age and we loved and loved and loved.... to play together. Ha! You thought he was my boyfriend, didn't you? Well, unfortunately I haven't found anyone that compares to my Daddy, so that will have to wait. But I do love to hug and kiss all my friends. Mommy says I'm just sweet like that. I can't say that I disagree.



The best part about my last day at Ms. Val's was my Going Away Parteeeee! Mommy brought cupcakes and hats to Ms. Val's so I could celebrate my two wonderful years there. It was so much fun! We ate, sang songs and danced around. I'm becoming a real performer these days. If you haven't heard my voice yet, you should ask me to sing a little tune the next time you see me. My favorite right now is "Do-Re-Mi" from The Sound of Music. Ms. Val, it's been a terrific two years and I will miss you dearly.

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye!

No comments: