Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Many Thanks On Thanksgiving

This year, for Thanksgiving, Mommy, Nana and Daddy took me to see my Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Bobby in Memphis, TN. What a trip! We first flew to Little Rock, AR, then rented a car and drove to Memphis. I'm still under two years old, so I get to fly for free. But that also means that I have to sit on my Mommy or Daddy's lap. And boy am I a squirmer! I can't help it. There are so many people to look at and talk to. I just don't want to sit still. In fact, if I had it my way, I'd run up and down the aisles of the airplane the entire flight touching everything in sight!

On the Friday after Thanksgiving, I got to take my bery first trip to the ZOO! We went with all of my cousins, Mommy and Uncle Bobby, too. I couldn't believe my eyes! All the animals that Mommy and Daddy would read to me about were right there in front of me. It was unbelievable! I got SO EXCITED when I saw them. There were monkeys and rhinoceroses, cows and lions and even a baby giraffe! And the amazing thing was that all the animals actually did make those sounds from my books at home. The cows went "Moo" and the monkeys went "Ooo-oo-ooo!" They were so amazing and I wanted to get so close to the bars, at times Mommy thought I might just slip right through!

Here I come Mr. Elephant! I'm coming to pet you!

Hello Mr. Panda Bear! I had fun watching you eat your lunch. I can't believe this glass lets me get so close to you!

My Uncle Bobby was the BEST! When I didn't want to ride in my stroller anymore, he would pick me up and carry me. I just loved it when we saw the pink flamingos... and they weren't even in anyone's front yard!

Well, the trip is over now and I'm home. As you can see, I'm still so little that I can fit in my Daddy's suitcase. I sure am glad he didn't make me go all the way to Memphis in it! Boy, did I have a terrific time on Thanksgiving. I got to ride on an airplane, see all of my family on my Daddy's side, play with all my cousins and even go to the zoo for the first time. I'm the luckiest girl in the whole wide world! Traveling is fun, but I'm also glad to be home. Time to get back into my routine... see you next time!

No comments: